Arroz de marisco is a very well know recipe. There are many version of it. This is an easy and quite soupy one.
- 1 (450 g) canned tomatoes (chopped or fresh tomatoes)
- 5 cups fish stock or 5 cups vegetable broth or 5 cups water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salsa verde (optional)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500 g seafood (1 pound, mixture of prawns, mussels, small calamari, crab)
- 2 cups rice (as for risotto such as arborio, vialone..)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 250 g fish fillets (1/2 pound in 1 inch cubes)
- chili (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- parsley (or cilantro to taste)
- In a pot bring to boil water or broth and tomatoes, adjust salt to taste. Keep warm.
- In another big pot fry onion and garlic with the oil until transparent.
- Add salsa verde, shellfish, calamari and rice (keep mussels aside). Cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add wine and hot tomatoes-mix.
- Add fish cubes stir once.
- Arrange mussels on it.
- Let it cook for about 16-18 minutes but don’t overcook it.
- During cooking if necessary add water and season with chili, salt and pepper.
- It should be slightly “al dente” and still enough liquid.
- Sprinkle with the parsley or cilantro and serve.