Arroz de marisco is a very well know recipe. There are many version of it. This is an easy and quite soupy one.
- 1 (450 g) canned tomatoes (chopped or fresh tomatoes)
- 5 cups fish stock or 5 cups vegetable broth or 5 cups water
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salsa verde (optional)
- 1 onion (large, chopped)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 500 g seafood (1 pound, mixture of prawns, mussels, small calamari, crab)
- 2 cups rice (as for risotto such as arborio, vialone..)
- 1⁄2 cup dry white wine
- 250 g fish fillets (1/2 pound in 1 inch cubes)
- chili (optional)
- pepper (optional)
- parsley (or cilantro to taste)
- In a pot bring to boil water or broth and tomatoes, adjust salt to taste. Keep warm.
- In another big pot fry onion and garlic with the oil until transparent.
- Add salsa verde, shellfish, calamari and rice (keep mussels aside). Cook for further 2 minutes.
- Add wine and hot tomatoes-mix.
- Add fish cubes stir once.
- Arrange mussels on it.
- Let it cook for about 16-18 minutes but don’t overcook it.
- During cooking if necessary add water and season with chili, salt and pepper.
- It should be slightly “al dente” and still enough liquid.
- Sprinkle with the parsley or cilantro and serve.
Tasty, certainly easy! I used water but fish broth or bouillon cubes would intensify flavors, but did not have- did not realize there was such a thing. Have so much to learn. Next time I would also use less liquid. I added 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper but now think smoked paprika would be good. I added some peas for some green. Thank you for sharing.
This was fabulous. For the seafood, I used a combination of shrimp and cod. And I tossed in a minced jalapeno pepper for a little "heat". I followed the recipe exactly from there, and it was a big hit in my house. I really love Spanish cuisine, and this is one great recipe to keep on file for making time and time again in the future. Thank you for sharing your recipe, awalde. Made for the monthly tag game in the Spain/Portugal forum.
first this is very good rice
i cooked in the rice cooker i cut it in half to do it .im sure it doesnt quite have the same effect ,but it worked for me .i sauted the onionand garlic in olive oil. added to rice water added a shrimp boullion cube and 1 pollack filet chopped a couple of shrimp and some mussels on top they were all frozen when i put them in chopped a couple of tomatoes i dont like my recipe al dente but if you do just check the cooker sooner easy for me this is another winner sweetie