Recipe by WiGal
Recipe posted for ZWT5 from Top Tours of Spain site.
Top Review by Pneuma
Receta de magnifico! It can be a one meal in itself but we also served it with Recipe #371131 along with Recipe #113983. I used ground beef though when I fried it in extra virgin olive oil then added the rest if the ingredients and also used fresh vined tomatoes. After baking, it looked so nice! Muchas gracias!Made for ZWT5.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, add more if necessary later
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 potato, sliced into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 cup chickpeas
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, thickly sliced
- 4 cups rice
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 3 saffron strands, crumbled
- 1 head garlic
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat oil in pan on medium; sauté pork for 3 minutes.
- Add potato rounds; saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and tomatoes.
- Lower the heat and cook gently for 5-7 minutes.
- Mix in chorizo and rice; stir well.
- Pour in stock and crumbled saffron.
- Bring to boil.
- Place mixture in a casserole dish; cover.
- Place a halved garlic head on top.
- Bake in a medium oven for about 45 minutes.
- Remove garlic head before serving.
- Taste for salt preferences.