Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Authentic Mexican taste, perfectly textured rice!
Make and share this Arroz a La Mexicana (Mexican Rice) recipe from Food.com.
- 473.18 ml ripe tomatoes, cored & chopped
- 177.44 ml white onion, chopped
- 2-4 jalapenos, seeded, stemmed, & chopped (2 for mild, 4 for spicy!)
- 473.18 ml white rice or 473.18 ml brown rice
- 78.07 ml canola oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 473.18 ml vegetable broth (vegetarian chicken flavored broth)
- 14.79 ml tomato paste
- 7.39 ml sea salt
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place tomatos, onion, & jalepenos in blender and puree. Measure 2 cups of mixture and set aside. Any remaining mixture can be discarded.
- Place rice in strainer and rinse under cold water until water runs clear. Drain well.
- Over high heat, heat oil in Dutch oven with tight fitting lid 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice and stir fry 6-8 minutes until translucent.
- Reduce medium, add garlic and cook, stirring, 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in broth, tomato mixture,tomato paste, and sea salt. Increase heat to medium high, and bring to a boil.
- Cover pan and transfer to oven. Bake until liquid is absorbed and rice is tender, 30-35 minutes for white rice, 45-55 minutes for brown rice. Stir well half-way through.
- Stir in cilantro, minced jalapeno to taste, and pass lime wedges separately.
- Stir in cilantro, fluff with fork, and serve!