1 hr 30 mins
Rick Rodgers; if you can't find unsalted roasted cashews, simply rinse the salted ones under cold running water and pat dry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups basmati rice
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 medium onions, halved and sliced 1/2-inch thick
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup chopped dried apricot
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro or 1/3 cup parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup turkey broth (optional) or 1/2 cup chicken broth (optional)
- 1Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat; add in the rice and decrease heat to medium.
- 2Boil, uncovered until the rice is barely tender, about 15 minutes; drain into a sieve and rinse under cold running water; place in a large bowl.
- 3In a big skillet, melt the butter over med-high heat; add in the onions and carrots; cook, stirring often, until the onions are golden brown, 10-12 minutes.
- 4Add the cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, turmeric, and cloves; stir until very fragrant, 15-30 seconds.
- 5Scrape the vegetables into the bowl of rice and mix.
- 6Stir in the cashews, apricots, cilantro, salt, and pepper; place in a lightly buttered baking dish, drizzle with the broth, cover, and bake in a preheated 350° oven for about 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Aromatic Basmati Rice With Apricots and Cashews
Serving Size: 1 (1142 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.3
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 11.1 mg
- Sodium 332.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 6.1 g