Armenian Stuffed Vegetables (Dolma)
- PREPARATION OF VEGETABLES:.
- A variety of vegetables can and should be used including red, gold, and or green bell peppers. Also used are large sized zucchini squash, tomatoes, and onions.
- Scoop out the vegetables leaving an opening for the filling of about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter and about 2-3 inches deep. Fill the scooped out vegetables with the filling mixture and place upright in a large covered casserole.
- Pour over the crushed tomatoes or tomato sauce with broth or 1 cup of water. Cover and cook in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 1-1 1/2 hours.
- Try this dish served with a dollop of Mahdzoon (YOGURT) over the filled vegetables.
- See my Mahdzoon recipe -- ENJOY!