Top Review by argentina cooks
i live in argentina, this is pretty good, however, we do not use saffron or lemon. oil and vinegar. we also use diced red and green bell peppers. i add jalepenos for a little kick. and dried crushed red pepper. and chimmi churri is used on almost everything from pizzzas to frenchfries.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon saffron thread
- 1⁄2 cup virgin olive oil (1 20ml)
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar (1 20 ml)
- 1 Spanish onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt & pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- An Argentine asado or barbecue is not authentic without this delicious marinade called chimichuri.
- it is similar to a multi spiced vinaigrette and is given an earthier tone with the addition of saffron.
- I serve this with poultry or shellfish and brush it on top of garlic bread before toasting.
- Powder threads and steep in lemon juice for 20 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients with whisk and store in covered jar.