1/1 Photo of Arabic Style Rice With Lamb Meat
I learned this delicious recipe from my mother. It is used widely in the Arab countries. It great for Holidays or any occasion. Ground Beef can be used but there is nothing like Lamb meat. This Recipe is excellent with Roast Lamb or Turkey. It is easy to cook and family members love it and always serve seconds. It tastes great with Pine (Pignoli) nuts.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs finely chopped lean lamb or 1 1/2 lbs ground lamb
- 2 cups long grain rice (Basmati is excellent)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 1/2 cups boiling chicken broth or 3 1/2 cups boiling water
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon saffron (for color with chicken broth) (optional)
- 1/2 cup pine nuts (pignoli nuts) (optional)
- 1Brown lightly lamb meat in butter.
- 2Add salt and spices and stir for 2 minutes.
- 3Add two cups rice, stir and add the 3½ boiling Chicken Broth and mix well.
- 4Bring to Boil.
- 5Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until rice is tender and water is absorbed.
- 6Let cool for ½ hour and put in large serving dish and ready to serve.
- 7You can serve with natural plain yogurt if desired.
- 9in the meantime rice is cooling saute ½ cup pine nuts (pignoli nuts)in 3-4 tbs. olive oil or vegetable oil until light brown.
- 10Decorate rice and meat dish with the sauted pine nuts and serve.
Browse Our Top Long-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Arabic Style Rice With Lamb Meat
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 466.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 1349.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 50.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 31.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: