Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
I found this recipe in a Taste of Home magazine, and made these cookies for Christmas last year. My family and our guests loved these little melt-in-your-mouth cookies.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in cream cheese and butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add sour cream, tossing with a fork until dough forms a ball. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, combine the filling ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 10 minutes. Uncover, simmer 7-9 minutes longer or until most of the liquid is absorbed, stirring occasionally. Cool.
- Divide dough in half. On a well-floured surface, roll out each portion into a 10-inch square; cut each into 2-inch squares. Place about 1/2 teaspoon of filling in the center of each square. Bring two opposite corners of square to the center; pinch firmly to seal.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Bake at 325 degrees for 16-19 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Combine the glaze ingredients. Place a piece of wax paper under the wire rack to catch the glaze drippings and make it easy to clean up. Drizzle the glaze over cooled cookies.
- NOTE: Passive work time includes placing the dough in the refrigerator for 1 hour.