Family Favorite Chewy Apricot Pecan Oatmeal Cookies
photo by katew
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder (not baking soda)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon, slightly rounded
- 2 1⁄2 cups oatmeal
- 3⁄4 cup light brown sugar (not packed)
- 1⁄8 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, slat, cinnamon, and oatmeal.
- Beat the butter, shortening, water and sugars together until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs and beat well, scraping down the sides of bowl when needed. Beat in the honey and vanilla until fully blended.
- Add the flour mixture in two additions, beating each until well combined.
- Stir in the chopped apricots and pecans.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls about 2 inches apart on cookie sheets.
- Bake until the centers of the cookies are soft and no longer look wet; about 9-11 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for 5 minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am blessed with a wonderful dh and four fantastic, crazy children. I am a stay at home mom who works from son up till son down. My favorite cookbook is not one that I cook with very often, it actually sits on top of my pantry propped up in an old basket. The cookbook was given to my grandmother just prior to her marriage to my grandfather and it has the family prayer and some recipes that my great-grandmother penned in her own hand inside. It is called All About Home Baking. <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=daringdingos.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/daringdingos.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://www.satsleuth.com/cooking/Swap14.JPG"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/GrassTree.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Erica.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/BottleBrush.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Darwinia.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/babygrey-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/Correa.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picNW72Oj-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picCdyPjI-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pic9ysNPn-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/picbtGrUW-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/pictSF7ey-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/PACfall08partic.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg"> <img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg"> <img src="http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e110/flower753/Food/my3chefsnov2008.jpg"> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group10peppers.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap2/group04cherry.jpg> <img src="http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/Recipes/makemyrecipebannnner.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Holiday-plaid_HPI.gif">