1 hr 5 mins
This is a delicious pie and quite easy to prepare, even for a novice baker. It's great in the winter when fresh fruit isn't always available.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 9" unbaked pie shell
- 1 cup packed dried apricot, cut into halves
- 1 (19 ounce) can sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, rind of
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1Cover apricots with boiling water in a small saucepan and let stand 1 hour.
- 2Meanwhile, prick pastry shell all over with a fork.
- 3Line with parchment or foil and fill with pie weights or dry rice.
- 4Bake in a preheated 425 degree F oven for 8 minutes.
- 5Remove liner and weights; bake 7 minutes longer or until bottom is dry and firm.
- 6Let cool on a rack while you prepare the filling.
- 7Drain apricots well and discard liquid.
- 8Pour liquid from peaches over apricots; set aside.
- 9Add lemon juice and peel to apricots and bring to a boil.
- 10Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and simmer until the apricots are very tender and the liquid is reduced by about one-third, about 20 minutes.
- 11Stir together sugar and cornstarch.
- 12Blend into the apricots and cook, stirring gently over medium heat until liquid is thickened and translucent.
- 13Gently stir in peaches.
- 14Cool 5 minutes, then spoon into baked pie shell.
- 15To make streusel topping, stir together the almonds, sugar and flour.
- 16Blend in the butter with a fork until the mixture is crumbly.
- 17Sprinkle streusel topping over peach-apricot mixture.
- 18Bake in preheated 425 degree F oven for 15 to 20 minutes or until the filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Peach Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1007 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2086.3
- Calories from Fat 749
- Total Fat 83.2 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 721.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 329.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 25.9 g
- Sugars 217.5 g
- Protein 29.0 g