Recipe by MizzNezz
This tender lamb has just a little sweetness and a great spice blend.
Top Review by The Flying Chef
I thought this was wonderful, the only reason I am giving 4 instead of 5 stars is because I found it a little bland and added extra of the spices. Seeing the other reviews, this is probably just my personal taste. I took the advice of previous reviews and upped sauce, I also tried what Ronamay suggested and did half OJ and half apricot nectar it gave it a lovely flavour. My hubby thought it was delicious and ended up having thirds. I did make it with lamb fillets and just sliced them into strips as that is what I had on hand, but it still came out tender and full of flavour. Wonderful combination of flavours that not only compliment each other, but the house was full of a lovely aroma. I will definitely be making again. Thanks for sharing MizzNezz
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (3 lb) boneless lamb shoulder, cubed
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon ground almonds
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1⁄4 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
Directions See How It's Made
- In lg skillet, saute onion in oil for 1 minute.
- Add lamb, and the spices.
- Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Add apricots, orange juice, almonds, and orange zest.
- Put into a 3 quart baking dish.
- Stir in broth.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1-1/2 hours.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.