Prep 10 mins
Cook 576 hrs
Simple and great over fresh fruit, pancakes and waffles or french toast stuffed with cream cheese. GIVE THIS AS A GIFT--just put in jars have them store it in frig until ready to use, then just heat.
- 1⁄2 lb dried apricot
- 3 cups honey
- 3 cups simple sugar syrup
Simple Sugar Syrup
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 cups water
- Soak the apricots in water overnight.
- Drain off water. Purée apricots. Add honey and simple syrup. Store in refrigerator.
- Warm on stove or in microwave. Put into little pitchers and hold each in oven until ready to serve.
- To make simple sugar syrup, combine sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil gently without stirring for 10 minutes. Allow to cool.
I made this for my Papa, he mentioned how his mom used to make apricot syrup when he was growing up, so luckily I found this recipe and surprised him with it. I halved the recipe added a few more apricots and almost halved the honey. It thickened up quite a bit in the fridge so I heated before I used it and it was very good.