3 hrs 15 mins
Southern Lady's Note:
Oh my, this is a delicious jelled salad. It's almost celestial, you can hear the angels sing. Growing up, this was one of the fruit salads served at our big Sunday meal after church.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1GELATIN BASE.
- 2Mix jello and water and chill until syrupy (30 minutes est.).
- 3Slice bananas 1/8" thick, half or quarter each slice to your preference in salads.
- 4Combine bananas, drained pineapple and marshmallows into syrupy jello, mixing well.
- 5Pour into 9x9 or 9x12 dish and chill until firm (several hours).
- 7In a sauce pan, mix together 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice, 1/2 Cup Sugar, 2 T Butter, 2 T Flour, and 1 well beaten egg.
- 8Cook on medium to medium-high heat until thick. Remove from burner.
- 9Add 3 oz cream cheese from refrigerator stirring until dissolved in sauce pan.
- 10Spread Topping evenly over congealed salad.
- 11Chill some more for topping to set (1-2 hours).
- 12Serve in squares.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apricot Cream Cheese Salad
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 270.9
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 40.6 mg
- Sodium 96.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 27.1 g
- Protein 9.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: