Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
Oh my, this is a delicious jelled salad. It's almost celestial, you can hear the angels sing. Growing up, this was one of the fruit salads served at our big Sunday meal after church.
- GELATIN BASE.
- Mix jello and water and chill until syrupy (30 minutes est.).
- Slice bananas 1/8" thick, half or quarter each slice to your preference in salads.
- Combine bananas, drained pineapple and marshmallows into syrupy jello, mixing well.
- Pour into 9x9 or 9x12 dish and chill until firm (several hours).
- In a sauce pan, mix together 1/2 Cup Pineapple Juice, 1/2 Cup Sugar, 2 T Butter, 2 T Flour, and 1 well beaten egg.
- Cook on medium to medium-high heat until thick. Remove from burner.
- Add 3 oz cream cheese from refrigerator stirring until dissolved in sauce pan.
- Spread Topping evenly over congealed salad.
- Chill some more for topping to set (1-2 hours).
- Serve in squares.
Really, really good. The apricots and bananas were a very good combination. I might add some chopped walnuts next time. Thanks, Southern Lady