Prep 5 mins
Cook 50 mins
I found this recipe and plan on making it. We love apricots!
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- In a flat glass or china dish or a mixing bowl, combine fruit spread, soy sauce, lemon juice, onion, parsley, and oregano; set aside 1/4 cup of mixture for basting sauce. Add chicken pieces to remaining mixture and turn several times, coating.
- pieces well. Refrigerate at least 5 hours or overnight; turn pieces several times during refrigeration.
- Remove from marinade and place in a single layer in a baking pan. Discard remaining.
- marinade. Bake, uncovered, in a 375°F oven 45 to 50 minutes, or until chicken is tender, lightly browned and no longer.
- pink in the center. Brush with reserved sauce several times during cooking. Brush.
- remaining reserved sauce on chicken just before serving.
YUM, YUM, YUM!!! I also boiled the marinade to serve with the chicken. I had filleted chicken breasts that only needed to bake about 25 minutes. Perfect! Served the sauce over the top. Loved it.
A great, simple chicken recipe. I heated up the reserved marinade and poured over chicken when done cooking.
Absolutely gorgeous!!! I also boiled reserved marinade and poured over chicken at the table. We loved this it had a wonderful flavour and was so simple. I did add a little rice wine vinegar as well and just added a touch more preserves to compensate, I love rice wine vinegar and knew it would work well with these ingredients. A definite keeper RecipeNut we will enjoy this one often. I served mine with Recipe#299060 it was wonderful.