Recipe by KiwiHil
This is so easy and SO delicious. It's best made with fresh apricots (though in a pinch I have used tinned apricot halves, well-drained). I have lost count of how often I have made this, and of how many people have complemented me on it!
- 50 g butter, melted
- 450 g apricots, halved and stoned, quartered if large
- 50 g almonds, slivered or sliced
- 2 -3 tablespoons golden granulated sugar
FOR THE ALMOND BASE
- 50 g self-raising flour
- 200 g ground almonds
- 85 g caster sugar
- 140 g soft butter or 140 g margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oven to 190C/fan 170°C Brush a shallow loose-bottom tart tin with some of the melted butter.
- Blend the almond base ingredients together in a mixer or food processor until smooth and creamy. Spread out evenly in the tin.
- Arrange the apricots on top, cut-side up, and sprinkle the top with the almonds.
- Sprinkle the remaining melted butter on top of the almonds, then sprinkle on the sugar.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until the base is risen and cooked. Leave in the tin for 5 minutes before removing.