Apricot Pineapple Marmalade
photo by Ronalynne
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1 1⁄2 kg fresh apricots (3.25-3.5 lbs.)
- 398 ml can crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 tablespoons finely grated orange zest
- 5 cups sugar, divided use
- 1 box Certo, light pectin crystals
- Rinse apricots, remove stems, cut or break in half and remove pits. Finely chop or run apricot halves through a meat grinder using the large holes; there should be about 8 cups. Place in a large pot with the pineapple and orange zest.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar with pectin and stir into apricots. Bring to a boil over high heat. Add remaing 4 3/4 cups sugar. Return to a boil and boil for 1 - 5 minutes, depending on how firm you would like the marmalade to be (longer = thicker and stronger flavour).
- Remove from heat; stir and skim foam for 5 minutes (important step that removes unsightly foam and also prevents floating fruit in your marmalade). Ladle into warm sterilized canning jars leaving 1/4" headspace. Cap, seal and process ina water bath for 10 minutes. Makes about 8 cups.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Serious foodie realtor.