Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe was passed on to me many years ago by another bundt cake enthusiast! I use the all-fruit variety of apricot preserves.
Top Review by naplesgal66
This cake UNBELIEVABLY GOOD!! Amazing texture, excellent flavor. I'll be making this one again soon and often! (Mine came out taller and not as dark as the one in the picture.)
- 226.79 g unsalted butter
- 473.18 ml granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 4.92 ml almond extract
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 226.79 g container sour cream, room temperature
- 236.59 ml sliced almonds
- 340.19 g bottle apricot preserves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, then greast & flour 10" bundt pan.
- With electric mixer, cream together the butter & sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time, before adding extract.
- In another bowl, sift or whisk together flour, baking powder & salt.
- Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup almonds on bottom of pan.
- Pour half the batter over nuts.
- Arrange remaining nuts over batter.
- Drop spoonsful of apricot preserves over the nuts, but not touching side of pan.
- Pour remaining batter over the preserves.
- Bake for 55 minutes.