Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
From Cooking Light. October 2011.
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour, sifted
- 7.39 ml baking soda
- 3.69 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml salt
- 51.76 ml cinnamon
- 3 eggs, room temp
- 118.29 ml vegetable oil or 44.37 ml butter
- 118.29 ml plain applesauce
- 354.88 ml sugar
- 473.18 ml freshly grated zucchini
- 9.85 ml pure vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pans. OR, one 12-cup muffin tin.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl.
- In a separate bowl stir together eggs, oil, applesauce, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Make sure it is fully combined.
- Carefully pour flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring until completely combined.
- Pour entire mixture into loaf pans, making sure there is an even amount of batter in each. OR, if making muffins, fill muffin tins ¾ full.
- For Zucchini Bread bake for 40 minutes. OR, for muffins bake for 20 minutes.
- You will know when the bread or muffins are down when the centers are set and spring back when they are lightly touched.