Recipe by Chef Dumpy
This is an awesome recipe that my wife just made this morning. The TOPPING is the key to making these extra yummy! Tasty way to get your morning oats!
- 354.88 ml oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 295.73 ml flour
- 3.69 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 236.59 ml unsweetened applesauce
- 118.29 ml skim milk
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 1 egg white
Topping (My wife actually doubles this)
- 59.14 ml oats (quick or old-fashioned)
- 14.79 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 0.59 ml cinnamon
- 14.79 ml margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 400.
- Line 12 medium muffin tins with paper cups(optional)(spray muffin tin with cooking spray w/o paper cups).
- Combine oats, flour, cinnamon, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add applesauce, milk, brown sugar, oil and egg white.
- Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Fill muffin cups almost full.
- For topping combine remaining ingredients. Sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until deep golden brown.
- Serve Warm.