Recipe by Sherrybeth
A good bread that I love to make during the autumn months. The smell and taste are both out of this world. It mixes up quickly and makes a great gift.
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
This was a nice mild quick bread that is not very sweet. The only change I made was to use buttermilk in place of the milk, but the quantity isn't enough to get the tanginess. This did take 65 minutes to bake, but it did bake evenly. The batter is very thin, and I was concerned that it would overflow the 9x5-inch loaf pan I was using while baking. However, it was fine and the edges were not overcooked.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup nuts (pecans or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 5 ingredients in mixing bowl and beat for 1 minute.
- Combine remaining ingredients except nuts and add to applesauce mixture beating until smooth.
- Stir in nuts.
- Spoon into greased loaf pan and bake at 350 degrees 40-45 minute.
- Allow to cool in pan on rack for 10-15 minutes, then remove from pan and continue to cool on rack.