Crispy Cinnamon Streusel Banana Nut Cream Cheese Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (about 4 medium)
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º.
- Beat butter and cream cheese together with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add sugar, gradually, and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat until blended.
- Gradually add flour and next three ingredients to butter mixture, beating at low until just blended.
- Stir in bananas, pecans, and vanilla.
- Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured 8x4 loafpans.
- Batter will be thick.
- For streusel: Stir together 1/2 cup packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans, 1 tablespoon flour, 1 tablespoon melted butter, and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon.
- Sprinkle mixture evenly over batter in pans.
- Bake for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Bread may be shielded with aluminum foil that last 15 minutes to prevent excessive browning of streusel.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pans and cool 30 more minutes before slicing.
- For perfect slices, cut with a serrated or electric knife after cooling.
Join The Conversation