Strawberry Cream Cheese Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) cream cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk (half 'n half)
- 1 1⁄2 cups strawberries, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped pecans (optional)
- With electric mixer cream butter, sugar and cream cheese until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time. Mix in vanilla.
- In separate bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend flour mixture with butter mixture just until blended. Add half 'n half and only stir just to blend -- do not overstir!
- Drain strawberries and blot dry. Carefully just fold in strawberries and nuts. Dough mixture will be thick.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 inch loaf pan. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 50 to 60 minutes. Let bread mellow for one day and then serve.
Join The Conversation