Take a pork roast out of the oven, turn out a bowl of stuffing and add a hot dish of apples and onions.
- Cut bacon in inch squares and fry out.
- Remove bacon.
- Reserve grease.
- Clean the fry pan.
- Add 1 tablespoon of bacon fat to hot fry pan and add onions.
- Brown the onions until golden and translucent.
- Add more fat if needed.
- Add apples and cook until tender.
- Taste, if mixture is a bit sharp, add brown sugar.
- Pour apples/onions into a hot baking dish.
- Top w/ crumbled bacon.
- Cover& keep warm in oven until serving time.