Apple Tarte Tatin
photo by The 500 Chef
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Cut the apples in half, peel, core and slice to an even sizes.
- Place the butter in a tarte Tatin pan (or oven-proof frying pan) and press it out to cover the bottom. Sprinkle with the sugar and set aside. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Place the pan on the stove, and melt the butter and sugar together until they start to brown. This should take approximately 10 minutes.
- Roll the puff pastry out to fit the tarte Tatin pan and until it is around 3mm in thickness. Place 7 pieces of apple, cut side up, around the pan containing the butter and sugar mixture, placing 1 in the centre. Cover with the pastry disc and tuck the edges in.
- Finish cooking the tarte in the oven for 45-50 minutes. Remove and leave to rest for 10 minutes, then turn the Tatin out by placing a plate upside down over the entire pan and flipping the whole thing over.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!