Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious stuffing for your turkey (or whatever else your imagination can come up with that's stuffable)!
- 2 -3 tablespoons cooking oil
- salt (to taste)
- 1 large zucchini
- 5 -6 apples
- 1 red onion
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4 -8 tablespoons sage
- 1 -2 tablespoon thyme
- 1⁄4 cup almonds, pieces (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, pieces (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds (optional)
- Grate up zucchini, dice onion, peel, core, and chop up apples. In a frying pan head up oil on medium/medium low head. Mix zucchini, onion, and apple, put in fry pan, salt to taste. Steam veggies in the oil, about 10 minutes until all are soft.
- In large bowl mix breadcrumbs, sage and thyme. (optional: add sunflower seeds, walnuts, and almonds). In separate bowl beat eggs until well mixed.
- Add zucchini mixture to breadcrumbs. Mix well. Pour eggs over, mix well.
- Stuffing is ready to go into the turkey, or whatever else you'd like to put it into.
This was a nice and flavorful stuffing. The apple was a nice touch! I baked it in the oven and served it as a side but I will make it again and use it to stuff some pork chops - I think it will be great for that. Thanks for posting this recipe!
This is a nice change from the usual stuffing that I make! Followed your recipe, & under 'optional' I included the walnuts, then put it all in a heavy foil wrap & baked it about 35 minutes, resulting in a tasty side! Thanks for sharing your recipe! [Made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in this Spring's PAC]