Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Perfect side dish for the holidays! This recipe can be doubled.
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and sliced (use only Granny Smith apples)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (can use more)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 slices lemons, thinly sliced
- Set oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- In the casserole dish, alternately layer the sweet potatoes and apples.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, mix together the brown sugar, 1/3 cup water, cinnamon, raisins, butter and salt; cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the remaining water and flour.
- Combine with the brown sugar mixture.
- Pour over the sweet potatoes and apples.
- Place the lemon slices on top.
- Bake, covered for 20 minutes, uncover, and continue baking for an additional 20 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes and the apples are tender.