Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Apples and walnuts in an orangy-dill dressing... with some other goodies thrown in.
Make and share this Apple Walnut Dill Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 4 cups apples, medium diced (Braeburn or Granny Smith)
- 2 cups chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1⁄4 cup fresh dill
- 3⁄4 cup celery, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green grape, halved
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
- 1⁄4 cup walnut oil
- 1⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 teaspoons Grey Poupon mustard
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1⁄2 orange, zest of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Chop walnuts and toast 350°F for 5-10 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine ingredients for dressing.
- Chop apples into a medium dice, approximately 1/2x1/2-inch.
- Roughly chop dill.
- Slice celery.
- Halve grapes.
- Toss apples, dill, celery, and grapes with dressing. Chill and serve.
Very tasty and unusual salad. I was a bit hesitant about combining some of the ingredients, but I followed the recipe exactly, and it turned out very well. Everyone enjoyed this tangy salad. Yum! Thanks LadeeChef! Made for PAC Spring 2008.