Cucumber Dill Dressing
This is a sodium-reduced dressing from the magazine of Canadian Living.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 English cucumber
- 1⁄2 cup balkan style yogurt (greek or I guess any plain yogurt can do)
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1 green onion, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Peel, seed and shred cucumber; gently squeeze out liquid. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together yogurt, milk, mayonnaise and vinegar. Stir in cucumber, green onion, garlic, dill and pepper. (Make-ahead: refrigerate in airtight container for up to 1 week.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Wow, we loved this! I have now made it twice, once last week, and again this week. I love, LOVE the use of cucumber here. It really lends itself to a wonderful, cool, refreshing taste. I keep whole milk on hand to use in recipes such as these and I am so glad I used it hear. It really took the dressing and thickened it nicely. I followed this exactly, and now need another cucumber to make again! And I am. Made for *Everyday is a Holiday* Novembre 2009