Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Chunks of apples and walnuts give this recipe it's crunch, while allspice, cinnamon and vanilla add to it's scrumptious flavor. Is it done yet? Not until you top it with this oh so Easy Eggnog Sauce! From McCormick!
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled diced apple (such as Gala or golden delicious)
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon imitation rum extract
- Toast walnuts 8-10 minutes at 350°.
- Reduce oven heat to 325°.
- Grease 11x7x2-inch baking pan and set aside.
- Place eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice in large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Add apples, raisins, bread cubes, and toasted walnuts; toss to combine.
- Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until firm.
- To make Easy Eggnog Sauce:.
- Whisk eggnog into cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, stir in extracts, cool 5 minutes.
- Serve with bread pudding.