Chunks of apples and walnuts give this recipe it's crunch, while allspice, cinnamon and vanilla add to it's scrumptious flavor. Is it done yet? Not until you top it with this oh so Easy Eggnog Sauce! From McCormick!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup peeled diced apple (such as Gala or golden delicious)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 3 cups cubed Italian bread (cut into 3/4-inch cubes)
- 1Toast walnuts 8-10 minutes at 350°.
- 2Reduce oven heat to 325°.
- 3Grease 11x7x2-inch baking pan and set aside.
- 4Place eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, allspice in large bowl and stir until well mixed.
- 5Add apples, raisins, bread cubes, and toasted walnuts; toss to combine.
- 6Spread mixture in prepared pan.
- 7Bake 35 minutes, or until firm.
- 8To make Easy Eggnog Sauce:.
- 9Whisk eggnog into cornstarch in a small saucepan.
- 10Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat and boil 1 minute.
- 11Remove from heat, stir in extracts, cool 5 minutes.
- 12Serve with bread pudding.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Walnut Bread Pudding With Easy Eggnog Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 334.6
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 125.3 mg
- Sodium 92.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 23.8 g
- Protein 9.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: