Prep 25 mins
Cook 45 mins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar or 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 -4 cups sliced apples (4-5)
- Sift flour with baking powder.
- Beat eggs with 1 1/2 C sugar (brown or white) until light.
- Stir in the flour mixture, then stir in the heavy cream.
- Melt 4 T of butter; stir in cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Pour butter mixture into a 13x9-inch pan.
- Place sliced apples over butter mixture then gently spread dough over apples.
- Bake at 350 for 25 minutes; reduce heat to 325 and bake another 20-25 minutes, or until done.
- Cool for at least 5 minutes; turn out onto a serving pan.
- Serve with ice cream, whipped topping, or milk.