Apple Upside Down Cake
photo by crazycookinmama
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Melt butter in a 8” square baking pan.
- Sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Cover with apple slices.
- In large bowl, cream shortening and sugar thoroughly.
- Add egg and vanilla and beat until light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Beat well after each addition.
- Pour batter over fruit.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes.
- Invert onto a serving plate.
- Serve with as is or with ice cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!