Apple Upside Down Cake
photo by buttercreambarbie
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease sides of 13x9 baking pan.
- Melt 1 stick butter; pour into baking pan. Stir in brown sugar and mix well; spread evenly in bottom of baking pan.
- Arrange apples evenly over sugar; sprinkle with cinnamon and pecans.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, 1 stick butter (softened), eggs and water. Beat with electric mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour cake batter evenly over apples.
- Bake about 45 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; invert onto serving platter.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was born in Chicago, IL and have lived in the area all my life. I love to cook and plan meals and always have. As a child I would watch Julia Childs on TV every day (she came on right after Mr. Rogers) and I have been interested in cooking ever since. Now that I have a family I enjoy the quick and easy recipes just as much as the more intricate ones. I didn't mind putting in the extra time and effort when I only cooked recreationally. I still like to do that sometimes, but for the day-to-day chore of cooking (and sometimes it is a chore) I like the option of fast and simple. I enjoy trying new recipes and sharing favorites of mine. I have found that sometimes the most unlikely sounding ones turn out to be the best! I try to always review the recipes I try because I know how much I enjoy getting that feedback myself. Even when it is not necessarily positive because sometimes suggestions help me tweak things and make them better!