Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
A rustic apple tart made free-form on a baking sheet. It's tradition to have one of these at our house every fall. Use your own tart crust or, if I may make a suggestion, use my Favorite Tart Pastry. Prep time does not include making pastry.
- 1 sweet tart crust
- 4 -5 golden delicious apples or 4 -5 similar apples, peeled,cored and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄3 cup apricot jam
- Preheat oven to 425°.
- Toss apples with lemon juice.
- On a floured surface, roll dough out to a 1/8" thick rectangle to fit a baking sheet; place pastry on baking sheet.
- Cover the pastry with the apple slices, overlapping them in three long rows, and leaving a 1" border of pastry all the way around the apples; apples should be overlapped closely enough to almost stand upright.
- Fold the 1" border of pastry up to and slightly overlapping the apples; sprinkle with 2 T of sugar.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until apples and crust are browned; remove and sprinkle with the remaining 1 T of sugar.
- Melt the apricot jam in the microwave and brush it onto the apples; serve warm or cooled.