Prep 1 hr
Cook 35 mins
- 1 sheet ready to bake puff pastry
- 3 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1 tablespoon Grand Marnier or 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Defrost puff pastry and roll out on pastry cloth.
- Roll slightly with rolling pin to square shape.
- Roll 1 inch of edge over and crimp on all sides.
- Combine apples, sugar, and salt.
- Make 3 rows of sliced apples.
- Combine egg and water and brush on edges with pastry brush.
- Bake at 375 for 30-35 minutes.
- Cool slightly.
- Combine preserves with grand marnier or orange juice.
- Heat to boil and pass through strainer.
- Using brush, spread evenly over tart.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with whipping cream or ice cream.