Cook1 hr 10 mins
This is yummy & a nice change from the usual chocolate, cherry, etc. cheesecakes.The crust is a nice change also from the graham & chocolate ones. A tip that was listed is that you can make this ahead of time, pop it in the freezer,ready to serve for up to 3 months! Store right in the springform pan covered in plastic wrap and just thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 3 apples
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon juice, & rind
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- Heat oven to 350.
- For the crust: Cream butter& sugar thoroughly, blend in flour.
- Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- For the filling: Peel, core& halve the apples.
- Cut into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- In frypan,melt sugar with butter over medium heat,cook apples for 3-5 minutes or just until tender (and lightly browned) but not mushy.
- Add cream and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth.
- Beat in eggs one at a time until just blended.
- Beat in sour cream,lemon rind& juice.
- Using a slotted spoon arrange apples over crust,cover with cheese mixture.
- For topping: Mix the ingredients until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake 45 minutes or until centre is just set.
- Cool thoroughly at room temp.
- Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
I was going to post this recipe but you beat me to it. This is simply one of the best cheesecakes I have ever made. It's like an apple crisp and cheesecake all in one. I made it for Christmas last year and it didn't last long. I find it quite addictive, I kept eating little pieces all thru the night.
After I cut into this, I thought, "I definitely outdid myself on this one." It looked incredible! But then I tasted it, and the combination of cheesecake, apples and streusel blew me away! Thank you so much for this recipe! Everyone loved it!
Awesome. I made this as written and would agree with another reviewer that a whole lemon is too lemony- Next time will use 1/2, or just juice without zest. Blended well though and was yummy. Looks very fancy and is not hard to make- even made 1/4 more of everything to fit my 10" pan. Thanks for posting this!