1/4 Photos of Apple Streusel Cheesecake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Rhonda *J*'s Note:
This is yummy & a nice change from the usual chocolate, cherry, etc. cheesecakes.The crust is a nice change also from the graham & chocolate ones. A tip that was listed is that you can make this ahead of time, pop it in the freezer,ready to serve for up to 3 months! Store right in the springform pan covered in plastic wrap and just thaw in the refrigerator when ready to use.
My Private Note
9inch s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 apples
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 lemon juice, & rind
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2For the crust: Cream butter& sugar thoroughly, blend in flour.
- 3Press onto the bottom and 1/2 inch up the side of a a greased 9 inch springform pan.
- 4Bake for 12-15 minutes or until slightly golden.
- 5For the filling: Peel, core& halve the apples.
- 6Cut into 1/3 inch thick slices.
- 7In frypan,melt sugar with butter over medium heat,cook apples for 3-5 minutes or just until tender (and lightly browned) but not mushy.
- 8Add cream and cook stirring occasionally for 5 minutes.
- 9Set aside.
- 10In a large bowl beat cream cheese with brown sugar until smooth.
- 11Beat in eggs one at a time until just blended.
- 12Beat in sour cream,lemon rind& juice.
- 13Using a slotted spoon arrange apples over crust,cover with cheese mixture.
- 14For topping: Mix the ingredients until crumbly.
- 15Sprinkle over filling.
- 16Bake 45 minutes or until centre is just set.
- 17Cool thoroughly at room temp.
- 18Chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Streusel Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.6
- Calories from Fat 240
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.4 g
- Cholesterol 105.6 mg
- Sodium 185.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 26.8 g
- Protein 5.1 g