Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
A delicious bundt cake that is perfect for coffee break, breakfast or desert!
Make and share this Apple Streusel Cake recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch bundt pan.
- Streusel: Combine brown sugar, almonds, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in melted butter; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beat after each addition; add vanilla.
- Set mixer to low.
- Alternately beat flour mixture and orange juice into egg mixture.
- Put half of the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Add half of the streusel.
- Spoon and spread remaining batter over struesel.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add remaining streusel.
- Bake 35-40 minutes more.
- When completely cool, remove from pan and glaze with icing (a zig-zag pattern looks very nice!).
The streusel was amazing, but the cake itself was too dry. I felt there was not enough batter to create two layers. I will keep experimenting with the cake batter so its nice and moist and blends well with the awesome streusel. Thank you for the posting.
Yummy cake! I omitted the nuts and added extra apple when making the streusel, and it came out very well. I did have to pull it from the oven after about 25 minutes, but my oven always cooks fast. I would say, make sure the streusel is well surrounded by batter. If it runs out, the cake is very hard to get out of the pan. Made for PAC Fall 2007. Thanks!
Very good, only promlem I had is that it doesn't mention adding the apples in the directions, so I forgot them...but hey it made a great streusel coffee cake