Recipe by andreaadams01
A delicious bundt cake that is perfect for coffee break, breakfast or desert!
Top Review by Cristina Barry
The streusel was amazing, but the cake itself was too dry. I felt there was not enough batter to create two layers. I will keep experimenting with the cake batter so its nice and moist and blends well with the awesome streusel. Thank you for the posting.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped apple
- 1 cup sliced almonds or 1 cup pecans or 1 cup walnuts
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons orange juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9 or 10-inch bundt pan.
- Streusel: Combine brown sugar, almonds, flour and cinnamon.
- Stir in melted butter; set aside.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- Mix well.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time; beat after each addition; add vanilla.
- Set mixer to low.
- Alternately beat flour mixture and orange juice into egg mixture.
- Put half of the cake batter into the bundt pan.
- Add half of the streusel.
- Spoon and spread remaining batter over struesel.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and add remaining streusel.
- Bake 35-40 minutes more.
- When completely cool, remove from pan and glaze with icing (a zig-zag pattern looks very nice!).