Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons lemons, rind of, Grated
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups apples, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, cold
- 2⁄3 cup buttermilk
- Combine sugar, flour, lemon rind and cinnamon.
- Stir in apples, strawberries and lemon juice. Spread mixture in 8-inch square baking dish and bake in 400 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- TOPPING: In bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly.
- With fork, stir in buttermilk until soft dough forms.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto fruit. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until top is golden and biscuits are cooked through.
There seems to be a mistake in this recipe since there is no amount for the strawberries. I did a Google search and found this exact recipe in several places listing the amount as 2 300-g packages of frozen unsweetened strawberries. I wanted to use up some fresh berries and was unsure of how many to use so used about 2 1/4 cups halved berries, probably could have used a bit more. I think the recipe needs a touch more sugar but if you eat it with something sweet like icecream that might not be an issue. I added 1/2 tsp vanilla to the dough also.