Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This delicious Apple Tart is an easy way to use up your apples. Wonderful served warm with ice cream.
- 1 1⁄4 cups unbleached white flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temperature,cut into eight pieces
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- 7 medium tart apples, peeled,cored,and sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (or to taste)
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unbleached white flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the dry ingredients for the crust in a large bowl and blend them.
- Add the butter, egg yolk, and cream.
- Using your hands, work the mixture quickly until it is crumbly.
- Press it into the bottom of a 9-inch spring form pan.
- For the filling, arrange the apples in a pattern over the dough.
- Mix the rest of the filling ingredients together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle this over the apples.
- Bake for about 40 minutes.
This was a huge hit at a luncheon with friends! I did make some changes, because it was for a Holiday luncheon, I made it into a Cranberry Apple Tart, turned out delicious!!Served it cold with whipped cream topping. Instead of cinnamon in the filling I used ground ginger and sprinkled a mix of splenda/ground ginger on top. A wonderful tart enjoyed by all!! Thanks for post and I will be making it again.