1/1 Photo of Apple, Prune and Peach Christmas Pudding
5 hrs 30 mins
I found this in a supermarket magazine. I fully intended to make this for Christmas, but work and other commitments conspired against me and I haven't made it. My plan when I made it was to change the cup of currants to a cup of cranberries and throw in some slivered almonds as an extra. The grams v's cups mix up is because prunes and peaches come in this size pack.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 250 g pitted prunes, chopped
- 200 g dried peaches, chopped
- 1 cup currants
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 100 g butter, chopped
- 1 orange, rind grated and juiced
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and grated
- 1/4 cup golden syrup
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups breadcrumbs, soft white and fresh
- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1Place dried fruit, sugar, butter, juice and rind in a medium saucepan. Bring to boil stirring occasionally until butter has melted and sugar dissolved. Add apple. Transfer to a large bowl to cool.
- 2Grease a 6 cup pudding basin and line base with baking paper.Pour over the golden syrup.
- 3Stir the eggs into the fruit mixture and mix well. Fold through the breadcrumbs and flour.
- 4Spoon the pudding mixture into prepared basin packing down firmly as you go. Cover the basin with a circle of buttered non-stick baking paper and two circles of foil. Tie securely with kitchen string.
- 5Stand pudding on a trivet (heatproof raised rack) inside a large saucepan or stockpot. Fill with enough hot water to come 2/3 up the side of basin.
- 6Cover pot with a lid and simmer for 5 hours, topping up the pot with boiling water as needed. Don't let it boil dry.
- 7Cool and store in basin in fridge until Christmas.
- 8To reheat, boil pudding using the method above, for 2 hours. Serve with custard, brandy cream or icecream and decorate with berries.
Browse Our Top Christmas Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple, Prune and Peach Christmas Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 524.7
- Calories from Fat 100
- Total Fat 11.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.9 g
- Cholesterol 77.1 mg
- Sodium 506.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 102.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 50.4 g
- Protein 8.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: