Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Another great fall bread recipe.
Make and share this Apple Praline Bread recipe from Food.com.
- Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla.
- Mix with an electric mixer on low speed until well blended.
- Beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add flour mixture, to creamed mixture, beating on low speed until blended.
- Stir in apples and 1/2 cup of pecans.
- Spread batter into a greased 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining pecans; press lightly into batter.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 55-60 minutes or until tests done.
- May need to cover bread loosely with foil the last 10 minutes of baking to prevent overbrowning.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan.
- In a small saucepan, add butter and brown sugar.
- Stir over medium heat until mixture begins to boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 1 minute.
- Drizzle brown sugar mixture over top of bread; cool.
Oh Yum! This recipe made 4 mini loaves (Wilton mini loaf pan) and it was practically inhaled on Thanksgiving!.....Definitely make sure you boil the topping for the recommended time as it will be "grainy" from the sugar if you do not.
I loved the texture of this bread. Moist and easy to slice without crumbling. I used half Granny Smith and half Red Delicious apples and was disappointed that the apple flavor was very subtle. In fact one taster didn't realize it was apple bread. The glaze was delicious.
I have a limited kitchen so without loaf pans I turn many things into muffins. I had the first muffin without the glaze and was not impressed; however, they tasted much better the next day - with and without the butter/sugar topping. It didn't exactly 'glaze' for me, but it tasted good. Also, for what it is worth, I used yogurt instead of sour cream. For the right occasion I would make these again.