- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 4 pork chops (1/2-inch thick)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup hot water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Saute onion in oil for 1 minute, or until tender.
- Remove onion and set aside.
- Brown pork chops in remaining oil, two minutes on each side.
- Place chops in 8x12 inch baking dish; sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Layer apples and cooked onion over chops.
- In small bowl, combine brown sugar, mustard, cloves and water.
- Pour over chops.
- Cover and bake 30-45 minutes.