Recipe by senseicheryl
This recipe is from the September/October 2008 issue of Weight Watchers Magazine. It is the recipe makeover. NOTE: If your pizza pan doesn't have a nonstick surface, line it with foil and spray the foil with nonstick spray before covering it with the dough in step 3.
- 6 tablespoons light butter, divided
- 10 apples, Golden Delicious, cored, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 (8 ounce) package fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of the butter in a deep 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the apples, 1/4 cup of the sugar and the cinnamon. Cook, stirring frequently until the apples are tender, about 15 minutes. About 2 minutes before the end of the cooking time, increase the heat and cook until the juices evaporate. Transfer the apple mixture to a large baking sheet and spread evenly. Let them cool completely.
- With an electric mixer on low speed, beat the cake mix and 3 tablespoons of the butter in a large bowl until a fine meal forms. Add the milk, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating just until small clumps form. Sprinkle the dough on a 14-inch nonstick pizza pan; press firmly to form an even layer.
- With the electric mixer on medium speed, beat the cream cheese and the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar in a medium bowl until smooth. Spread evenly over the crust, leaving a 1/2 inch border. Spoon the apple mixture evenly over the cream cheese mixture.
- Dice the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter. Combine the oats, flour, brown sugar and diced butter in a small bowl. With your fingers, blend the mixture until crumbly. Sprinkle over the apple mixture. Bake until the "pizza" is browned at the edges and the center is set, about 45 minutes. Let cool in the pan on a rack. Cut into 16 wedges.