Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A homemade filling that tastes much better than store bought. I use the recipe with apples grown by friends or try using a tart apple such as Granny Smith.
- Combine apples and sugar in large saucepan.
- Let stand until juice begins to release.
- Stir as you bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil hard for 1 minute.
- Mix in tapioca, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- Boil hard for 1 minute more.
- Pack into hot sterilized quart jar to within 1/2 inch from top.
- Place sterilized metal lid on the jar and screw metal band on securely.
- Process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
- Repeat for as many jars as you like.
- Makes 1 quart; enough for 1-9 inch pie.