A homemade filling that tastes much better than store bought. I use the recipe with apples grown by friends or try using a tart apple such as Granny Smith.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine apples and sugar in large saucepan.
- 3Let stand until juice begins to release.
- 4Stir as you bring it to a boil over medium-high heat.
- 5Boil hard for 1 minute.
- 6Mix in tapioca, cinnamon and lemon juice.
- 7Boil hard for 1 minute more.
- 8Pack into hot sterilized quart jar to within 1/2 inch from top.
- 9Place sterilized metal lid on the jar and screw metal band on securely.
- 10Process in boiling water bath for 20 minutes.
- 11Repeat for as many jars as you like.
- 12Makes 1 quart; enough for 1-9 inch pie.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Apple Pie Filling
Serving Size: 1 (857 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1198.3
- Calories from Fat 10
- Total Fat 1.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 131.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 311.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.7 g
- Sugars 281.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g