Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe is a tasty accompaniment to roasts, cold meats or cream cheese. Prep time includes cooling time.
- 907.18 g granny smith apples, quartered (Do not peel or core)
- 354.88 ml water
- 2 green bell peppers, seeded and cut into 1-inch, pieces
- 6 jalapeno chiles, seeded and cut into 1-inch, pieces
- 946.36-1182.95 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml cider vinegar
- 85.04 g liquid pectin
- 29.58 ml minced red bell peppers
- Bring apples and water to boil in heavy large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer until apples are falling apart, stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Press apple mixture through fine strainer into heavy large saucepan.
- Puree green peppers and chilies with 2 cups sugar in processor or blender.
- Add to apples.
- Mix in remaining 3 cups sugar and vinegar.
- Boil over medium heat 10 minutes to blend flavors.
- Add pectin and boil exactly 2 minutes.
- Stir in red pepper.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal.
- Shake jars occasionally as jelly cools to distribute peppers evenly.
- Store in cool dry place.
We have so many apples ripe on the trees I've been looking for as many recipes as I can find. Love pepper jelly so gave this a try. So easy, don't even have to peel or core the apples. It is sweet but I just upped the amount of pepper and it was fine. Looks so pretty too. I also added a few drops of yellow food color for appearance. Great recipe, love it
This is a good recipe but I tweaked it just a little. I added about 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper and 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes as it was a bit sweet. For a brighter color I also added about 1/2 teaspoon green food coloring. I am anxious to give this as gifts for Christmas.
Oh gotta try this too! Woo hoo! Jelly