Blueberry Cream Cheese Braided Loaf
A quick and easy braided breakfast loaf. Great for overnight guests or your family. --NOTE-- Prep time includes cooling time.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 large egg, separated
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar, divided
- 1 (11 ounce) can refrigerated breadstick dough
- 3⁄4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Lightly spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray or line with parchment paper; set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in a mixing bowl at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Add egg yolk and 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar and beat well; set aside.
- Remove breadstick dough from can.
- Unroll and separate dough into two rectangles.
- Place dough rectangles side by side on prepared baking sheet.
- Press seams together to seal the two rectangles and down the center of the dough.
- Spoon cream cheese mixture onto the center of the dough.
- Wash, drain and dry blueberries.
- Sprinkle blueberries over cream cheese mixture.
- Separate dough at perforations up to the cream cheese mixtures, slightly stretching dough strips.
- Beginning at top edge of dough, braid strips to cover filling.
- Tuck the last two ends under at the bottom of loaf.
- In a small bowl, meat egg white and water with a fork until blended to form an egg wash.
- Bush egg wash over braided loaf.
- Bake about 20 minutes.
- Cool about 30-45 minutes on baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 1 cup of confectioners' sugar and orange juice; whisk until smooth.
- Drizzle glaze over braided loaf before serving.
- For best presentation, slice with an electric knife or a serrated knife.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION