Recipe by pink cook
This is a very good recipe to make a streusel fresh fruit cake. I am posting it here in request of Paja. Enjoy it.
- 4 apples, sliced (or use 6 peaches)
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar (or use Splenda Blend)
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
STREUSEL CRUMB TOPPING
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar (or use Splenda)
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped (or use almonds or walnuts)
- 5 -7 tablespoons butter (only to moist the mixture)
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, peel, core and slice apples (or peaches) into 16 thick slices.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray some cooking oil in a 12 x 17 inch cookie sheet.
- Cream sugar and butter; add eggs mixing well. Combine dry ingredients with creamy mixture mixing together and spread batter on cookie sheet.
- Place sliced fruit close together forming 4 rows.
- Combine streusel ingredients until crumbly and place on top of fresh fruit.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes until streusel is lighty brown and the cake is well cooked in the center.
- NOTE: you can make this cake with berries or any other fruit you like, in substitution of apples and peaches, and also add only 1/2 cup sugar instead of 1 cup if you don't like it more sweet with the two sugars.