Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a great combination and an easy dessert. If you like apple pie, you're probably like this and it's such a time saver. Top this warm dessert with the ice cream and you're kind of eating pie a la mode, but not quite :)
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1⁄4 cups vanilla ice cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, flour, powder and cinnamon.
- Add to egg gradually and beat until smooth.
- Fold in apple and nuts.
- Spoon into an 8 inch greased pan.
- Baked for 25 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool until still slightly warm.
- Cut into 9 squares and top each piece with a 1/4 cup of ice cream.
A good friend gave me this recipe many years ago and we enjoy it often. The only difference is that we add 1/2 C raisins. I am glad you posted it here to share with others and you saved me the work of submitting the recipe. Try this one, you won't be sorry. Thx Karen.
Oh my goodness, this was soooo good! Rich and crunchy and delicious. I served with Breyers all natural vanilla ice cream and was in heaven! Thanks Karen, I'm so glad I picked this for Zaar tag! :)