Recipe by Karen=^..^=
This is a great combination and an easy dessert. If you like apple pie, you're probably like this and it's such a time saver. Top this warm dessert with the ice cream and you're kind of eating pie a la mode, but not quite :)
Top Review by mums the word
A good friend gave me this recipe many years ago and we enjoy it often. The only difference is that we add 1/2 C raisins. I am glad you posted it here to share with others and you saved me the work of submitting the recipe. Try this one, you won't be sorry. Thx Karen.
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup chopped apple, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 1⁄4 cups vanilla ice cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Beat the egg and vanilla in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine sugar, flour, powder and cinnamon.
- Add to egg gradually and beat until smooth.
- Fold in apple and nuts.
- Spoon into an 8 inch greased pan.
- Baked for 25 minutes or until center tests done.
- Cool until still slightly warm.
- Cut into 9 squares and top each piece with a 1/4 cup of ice cream.