- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 1⁄4 cups apples, peel, diced
BROWN SUGAR TOPPING
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425*.
- Cream together the butter and sugar, then beat in egg.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and baking powder and salt.
- Add to the creamed mixture alternately with the buttermilk.
- Stir in the apples, pour into 8x8" square pan.
- Mix topping ingredients in a small bowl.till crumbly.
- Sprinkle over the top of apple mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes.