Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
The secret ingredient to excellent crumble? Nilla Wafers. I received an email this morning from Kraft Kitchens and this recipe sounds interesting. I went to the website, www.kraftfoods.com and here is what one reviewer had to say about this recipe: " I made this last night while my husband was at work. I tried it and thought it was pretty good. This morning, I put some in two ramekins for my husband and I. I added two caramel cubes to each serving, cut in half. I reheated it at 350 for 10 minutes. It was awesome! I don't know why it was better this morning, but I think it's bc it got to sit a while overnight." KRAFT KITCHEN TIPS: Special ExtraTop each serving with 2 Tbsp. thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping.Variation Prepare using 8 (4-oz.) custard cups.
- 1 (8 ounce) container honey nut cream cheese, PHILADELPHIA Honey Nut Flavor Cream Cheese Spread
- 64 vanilla wafers, crushed
- 8 small apples, peeled, chopped (2 lb.)
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 caramels (optional)
- HEAT oven to 400°F Mix cream cheese spread and wafer crumbs with fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. (Do not overmix.)
- TOSS apples with sugar and cinnamon. Spoon into 1-1/2-qt. casserole dish; sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until topping is lightly browned and apples are tender. Serve warm. Refrigerate leftovers.