Recipe by Terese
Enjoy. This is pretty easy to make with not too many ingredients. Great for when guests are over for dinner.
Top Review by I'mPat
This was good and easy to put together. As I made this a couple of hours ahead of cooking I tossed the apple in lemon juice and didn't add the zest. Too also suit dietery requirements I only tossed the apple in 1 tablespoon of sugar (which next time I will omit) and will use 1 to 2 tablespoons of brown sugar in the topping mix in future. Thank you Terese for a apple crumble (crisp) recipe that I can use which suits out diabetic needs.
- 8 golden delicious apples
- 4 tablespoons caster sugar (superfine)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 120 g butter
- 120 g plain flour (all purpose)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180oC (350oF).
- Peel and core the apples, then cut them into chunks.
- Put the apple, 2 tablespoons of sugar and the lemon zest in a small baking dish and mix together. Dot 40g (about 2 tablespoons) of butter over the top.
- Rub the remaining butter into the flour until you have a texture which resembles course sand. Stir through the rest of the sugar and the cinnamon.
- Sprinkle the crumble mixture over the apples and bake the crumble for 1 hour, by which time the top should be browned and the juice bubbling up through the crumble.
- Serve with thick cream or custard.